Tuesday 17 November 2009

CCSID zero or null?

hmmm, another config problem with the environment I am working on. The application deployed was sending messages via MQ and the data arriving at the far end was in the wrong CCSID. It certinaly wasn't MQ doing this so I thought it had to be the application but the aplpication vendors were certina it was WAS.

I had a look at the MQ definitions within the WAS console and the CCSID was blank so WAS couldn't have been doing anything odd, could it?

I decided to have a look at the resources.xml file in my envorinment rather than relying n the console and surpsise surprise there it was CCSID="0"!!!! So it appears zero shows up as null within the console.

I was unable to update this field via jython as whenever I added in a null value it said the field had to be numeric. However, when delting this queue definition and then readding it with a null value it worked fine and in resources.xml there was no CCSID field at all

No comments:

Post a Comment