Tuesday 24 November 2009

Default profile

Another quick tip....

This is documented well in the Info Center but always worth reiterating how it can be done.

If like me you have several WAS profiles on a machine, it is always worth knowing which one is the default profile and how to change it.

There are a couple of ways to find the default profile:

1. Run a script form the {WAS_INSTALL)/bin such as serverStatus.sh and examine the output. It mentions the profile that is being used

./serverStatus.sh -all
ADMU0116I: Tool information is being logged in file
/usr/was6/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/myMgr/logs/serverStatus.log
ADMU0128I: Starting tool with the mymgr profile
ADMU0503I: Retrieving server status for all servers
ADMU0505I: Servers found in configuration:
ADMU0506I: Server name: dmgr
ADMU0508I: The Deployment Manager "dmgr" is STARTED


The profile is seen in the ADMU0128I message - in this case it is myMgr

2. Run the manageprofiles script with the getdefaultname keyword:

./manageprofiles.sh -getDefaultName
myMgr

So now we have the defaul profile, if you want to change it just run the manageprofiles command with the setdefault keyeword:

./manageprofiles.sh -setDefaultName -profileName myNode
INSTCONFSUCCESS: Success: The default profile has been set.

Then double check it has been set correctly:

./manageprofiles.sh -getDefaultName
myNode

1 comment:

  1. This is the best for me as per my knowledge, because i am preparing for the interviews after this Websphere Training In Hyderabad

    ReplyDelete