Friday 20 November 2009

WAS and 64 bit MQ

Just another quick post while I remember.

A few weeks ago we had an error when starting up our app servers - we were running 64 bit WAS ND 6.1.0.21 and 64 bit MQ 6.0.2.4

The error in the WAS logs was:

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: mqjbnd05 (Not found in java.library.path)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibraryWithPath(ClassLoader.java:986)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibraryWithClassLoader(ClassLoader.java:950)
at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:453)
at com.ibm.mq.MQSESSION.loadLib(MQSESSION.java:1028)
at com.ibm.mq.server.MQSESSION$1.run(MQSESSION.java:246)

It appears that although MQ was 64 bit, WAS was tryingto use the 32 bit libraries. It needed 2 steps to reoslve this:

1. On the app server in the JVM custom properties, we created a new prop called java.library.path and set this to /usr/mqm/java/lib64

2. On the AIX server as root in /usr/mqm/bin I ran the dltmqlnk command to remove links to the 32 bit files.

That is me done for the week, time to go home and relax until Monday. Well, when I say relax, I mean get jumped on and my ear drums perforated by my noisy kids and then woken up by them before 6am at the weekend! hmmm, roll on Monday and the relative peace and quiet of the office :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment